Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ordered List and a Surprise

It's been over a month since my last confession. Well, I guess this isn't really a confession booth.

Since last, I've managed to put together my new computer and upgraded the firewall computer with the old desktop parts. The desktop computer now consists of:

  • One (1) Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
  • One (1) Athlon XP 2500+ Barton overclocked at 2035 MHz
  • One (1) 512 Mb TwinMos DDR Ram
  • One (1) Matrox Millenium G450 Graphics card
  • One (1) 80 Gb Western Digital harddrive
  • One (1) NEC 3500 DVD Writer
  • One (1) Samtron 96P 19" Monitor
  • One (1) DVD Drive of unknown calibre
And some crappy keyboard and a good wireless optical mouse. The whole configuration is fast and snappy. The gfx card is at the moment the weakest link. But I don't really play any games, so it's no big deal. As long as it's possible to view movies on the telly from the computer, I'm good.

And now for the big news: I've got a job! Hoooray! It's a project that spans over two months, but I hope there will be a possibility for an extension. The main thing I'm going to do is to code ASP.NET, and I've just began learning it. I'm not going to be an expert when I start working, but I hope I will have somewhat of an idea how to do things with it. I'm really looking forward to a 9 to 5 job so that I will be able to do stuff with my friends in the evenings, if I want. And they want, of course. And that it's a full time job is also good. Mo money! And it's a job that is in my field of competence. I hope. Maybe my incompetence will show.

2 comments: