Friday, February 18, 2005

Deskcrawling and Mice

My piece by piece acquisition of a new computer continues. I now have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard and an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ processor. So what's left? Memory, processor cooler, graphics card (my old one doesn't work on 1.5V AGP ports) and I'm thinking of a new cabinet. I hate crawling under my desk to plug in/out FireWire and USB cables. I hope to get my hands on used memory and graphics card. I don't need a fancy graphics card as long as it got a good TV-Out connection, I don't game on the PC. I'm hoping to get a used G450 graphics card cheap. It's almost the same as my current graphics card, the G400, but it will run on 1.5V.

I find that I've found some good music by watching The OC. The album Good News for People who Likes Bad News by Modest Mouse is great. Quirky, but nice.

Tomorrow is the annual d6 omsits. All of my mates from my year, 1998, will be there. I hope we will have a good time. It's also the first time since the appendix situation I will have more than one beer. Not too much, though.

1 comment:

Mr Marpe said...

Isn't G400 like the "best" TV-out card ever made? I've heard no manufacturer has built a videocard (for home use) with such great components as the G400. So maybe you should have kept your old computer?