Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Motherboards and crowds

Yesterday I was at Charm, a job fair on Chalmers. Since I'm looking for a job, I thought I'd better go there and have a look. As usual when I got there, I wanted to be somewhere else right away. I don't like small talk with strangers and I don't like crowds (not in a phobic way, I just want to be able to move unrestricted.) And these two things are what job fairs are all about. In the end, I ended up checking the place out and had a coffee and a "semla" with my big brother, who was one of the exhibitioners. But at least I started to check for jobs again after my bout with my appendix.

And finally my iPod is here. Three days after I got it, I had it filled with 28 Gb of music. Mostly mp3's. I've also begun ripping my CD collection, but I've only gotten to D. I guess I'll have to delete some of the bad music later.

I've also won an auction for a used motherboard, and I will now have to buy a new processor and memory. I had forgotten I made a bid for it, and when I got the mail that I had won the auction I was a bit flabbergasted. The upgrade is good, though, since my current motherboard was purchased in 1998. And I hope that my CD ripping will go faster with a new processor.

By the way, if anyone know of a good job for me, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

No comments: